The Maries County Prosecuting Attorney and staff work directly with victims of crime to provide information about charges and court proceedings and to collect restitution when possible. Our staff works to ensure victims are notified of charges, court dates, postponements, sentencing and final disposition. Victims are referred to appropriate social service agencies and assisted in obtaining reasonable protection from the defendant.  Help with transportation for court, return of recovered personal property, and intercession with an employer or creditor are provided. The staff assists victims of violent crime in preparing Victim Impact statements and completing applications for crime victim compensation.


Restitution is a goal of the prosecutorís office in cases in which the victim has suffered financial loss.  However, restitution may not be possible if the defendant is ordered to serve a sentence in the Missouri Department of Corrections. The Prosecuting Attorney strives to establish a restitution order and payment schedule in all probation cases.  Payments received are sent to the victim during the first week of the following month. Denise Davis is the restitution clerk and she will answer any questions about court ordered restitution.


Many resources are available for victims of crime that enable them to know their rights.  The Missouri Victim Automated Notification System (MoVANS) will tell you if an offender is in custody and will give you other important custody information.  MoVANS will also let you leave a phone number where you want to be called automatically when that offender is released.  You may contact them toll free at 1-866-5-MOVANS (1-866-566-8267) or by web at  


Crime Victim Services Unit (MoCVSU) provides funding, training, and consultation to help communities develop programs to serve crime victims.  You may contact this office at 1-866-334-6682 or by web at  The rights of crime victims are further established and defined in the Missouri Revised Statutes, Section 595.209.



To report a crime, call one of the law enforcement agencies listed in the law enforcement section of this website.


All victims of crimes in which charges have been filed should feel free to call the Prosecuting Attorney and her staff to ask questions about the case.